This is a fantastic lamb kofte kebab recipe if you fancy a take away but are looking to keep it thrifty and not spend a fortune. My better half made this last week using the mince I had bought for Moroccan lamb burgers as a surprise and it was sublime!
- 700 grams minced lamb
- 3 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- black pepper
- 3 tablespoons coriander (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Mix all ingredients together well in a nice big bowl
- Using your hands, shape into 8 sausages around wooden kebab sticks
- Grill for about 3/4 minutes on each side. I used a George Foreman grill, in batches of 4 kebabs at a time, for 5 minutes each batch
Reduce the amount of lamb mince if you do not require so much. We ate some and froze the rest ready to take out as and when we want them.
It is something I would definitely stock the freezer up with in future. If you do have that moment of weakness and find yourself looking for the take away menu you can just whip them out, defrost and grill with ease.