Jerk chicken is one of the ultimate favourites in our house. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 chicken
- 1 onion
- 2 table spoons of Jerk seasoning
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pinch of salt
- Grate the onion
- Add all the other ingredients and mix together in to a paste
- Smear the paste all over the chicken (I do it under the skin)
- Leave for at least 4 hours or preferably over night
- Roast 180c for 1hr 30 mins (depending on size of your chicken so always check to make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through
- I like to serve with sweet potato wedges and salad
It really is as easy as that! I tend to cook everything in a Halogen cooker these days but it tastes just as good roasted in the oven.
You can also just use chicken pieces too if you don’t want to cook a full chicken, be sure to adjust cooking times.